For trigger-happy folk like me, this quirky little tripod is a definite must-have. Originally created by a brand called Joby, the Gorillapod, while a strange name for a gadget, is an innovative product that challenges our traditional idea of a tripod.
The uniqueness of the Gorillapod comes in in its functionality. While other tripods are typically just meant to be propped on flat surfaces, the Gorillapod can literally "climb trees". Its three legs were crafted in a way that allows it to be bent, wrapped, stretched or propped on or around any surface. You can wrap it around poles, balance it on uneven spots, even secure it on someone's head! The possibilities are endless and extremely fun to discover.
Handy and portable
Gorillapods come in a variety of sizes, but mine measures around 6-7 inches in length. This makes it so much easier to carry around than traditional tripods. It is small and lightweight enough to stuff in your bag, which makes it the perfect accessory for a traveler. Lately, I actually haven't been leaving home without it because it's just so handy! It doesn't matter if you're alone or with friends; with the Gorillapod, finding someone to take your picture will never be a problem anymore.
Attractive design
I love products that not only offer limitless benefits in terms of function, but also have great design aesthetics. The Gorillapod is just that. I'll admit, the thing that really caught my attention when I first saw it was its design. It is such an interestingly crafted invention, that at first glance, you wouldn't really understand what kind of an object it really is. But in a matter of seconds, you'll learn to appreciate its cute and quirky appearance. I also love that it comes in a variety of colors (mine's pink!) because you can easily choose one that fits your personality and preference.

No comments:
Post a Comment