If you're a friend of mine, or if you know know me personally and see me on an almost day-to-day basis, let me ask you a serious question -- when was the last time you actually saw me in jeans?

Chances are, your answer would probably range from rarely to never. You see, though most fashion magazines would probably regard this piece of clothing as a classic, a staple in every person's wardrobe - whether they be men, women, teens, kids, old people, (and the list goes on) - it's just one of those items you just have to have a pair of. But I guess I'm not one of those people!
But don't get me wrong, I'm actually a very big fan of denim. I have a collection of denim vests, denim jackets, denim shirts, etc… I just really don't like them on the lower part of my body. Here are a few reasons why.
For one, the fabric's just too HOT for me to take. Considering we live in a tropical country where it's either too hot or too rainy (actually, the proper term would be humid), it's impossible for me to stand the discomfort that I feel whenever I wear jeans. It's like my legs are just constantly sweating whenever I'm in them. Maybe if I lived in a country with a cooler climate, I'd appreciate this type of clothing more, but I don't, so... tough luck.
Secondly, wearing jeans makes me feel so constricted. I know some people may feel the opposite, but I just can't stand the closed-ness feeling of it, like I'm not free to move around properly. It's completely different from the feeling of wearing shorts, or even skirts.
Thirdly, and I know quite a number of people will disagree with me when I say this, but I just think jeans are so not versatile. I know it's supposed to be one of those pieces of clothing that practically go with anything, but I personally find them so hard to style. Whenever I need to go the library (in other words, whenever I have to wear jeans), it takes me so much time to figure out what to wear with it. It's one of my petty dilemmas in life, which makes me hate jeans all the more.
So, from this entry, I can say that my categories for evaluating the yucky-ness of jeans are: 1) comfort, and 2) versatility. Or should I say, lack thereof, on both accounts.
No comments:
Post a Comment